Homeowner Resources


To get started we would need a completed OHP Application for Assistance, MSHDA Household Profile and Release of Information (signed by all adult household members), the Budget Sheet, and the Asset Worksheet along with the following supporting documents:

  • Proof of income: pay stubs for the last 2 months, social security award letter, or profit/loss statement (if self employed)

  • Bank Statements for last two months

  • Mortgage statement

  • Copy of Warranty Deed and legal description of property

  • Proof of monthly expenses, such as car payments, insurance, credit cards, etc.

  • All correspondences received from Mortgage company or County Treasurer

  • Hardship letter with a brief explanation of circumstances that resulted in your housing emergency

We recognize that foreclosure can be a daunting situation, we want to commend you for taking the first step in getting help.
Application packets can be faxed (231) 873-2223, mailed, or dropped off in person at our office.

Are you an Oceana County Homeowner?  Are you looking to have repairs done to your home?  There are programs may be able to assist!  

 Michigan Department of Health & Human Services: (231)873-7251

State emergency Relief assists with home repairs to correct unsafe conditions and restore essential services. Eligible home repairs may include repair or replacement of a non-functioning furnace, hot water heater or septic system. Apply online at ww.mibridges.michigan.gov

 EightCAP: (866)754-9315 X 3420

Weatherization assistance Program is a federally funded low-income residential energy conservation program. The program provides free home energy conservation services to Low-income homeowners and renter.

VA Adapted Housing Grants for Disabled Veterans: (800)827-1000
VA offers monetary assistance to Veterans with specific service-connected physical disabilities so they can construct or modify a home to best meet your needs. Call the VA to have them mail the required claim form VA 26-4555. 

 VA-Local Office: (231)873-6834- Tuesday’s and Thursday’s
The Veteran Services offers minor home repair to qualified Veterans. Applications are approved once a month by the local board.

 Love INC.: (231)861-4880

Appointment for assistance must be made to determine eligibility for home repairs. 

Habitat for Humanity: (231)861-2233

Appointment for assistance must be made to determine eligibility for services. 

 HUD Title I Property Improvement Loan: (800) 767-7468

If the equity in your home is limited, the answer may be an FHA Title I loan. Banks and other qualified lenders make these loan from their own funds, and FHA insures the lender against loss. The loan insurance is authorized by Title I of the National Housing Act. To find an FHA- approved lender in your area, call HUD’s Customer Service Center at (800) CALL-FHA (225-5342) or go tohttps://portal.hud.gov/hudportal/HUD?src=/program_offices/housing/sfh/fharesourcectr

204 Washington St, Hart, MI 49420
Phone: (231) 873-2222 | Contact Us
Hours: Monday through Friday
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Copyright 2017 by Oceana's Home Partnership